Thursday, October 18, 2007
Drills to improve your Ball-Handling
I took this off an old NBA Inside Stuff magazine in a bookstore somewhere in Hong Kong a couple of years ago. I believe this basketball tip is by former Golden State Warriors and Sacramento Kings head coach Eric Musselman.
Musselman's Ball-Handling Drill
1) Get two tennis balls. Dribbling these balls is a lot harder than dribbling basketballs--and they can teach you hard lessons about fingertip control in a hurry. (Steve Nash used to do this while walking around the campus at Santa Clara....A LOT! - Tedi31)
2) Stand facing the X (high on wall) on the wall, about 8 feet away.
3) Dribble one of the tennis balls with your right hand.
4) With your left hand, pass the other ball at the X on the wall (low on wall) and catch it again.
5) Try to keep this up for as long as possible, then switch hands and keep going.